Thursday, February 11, 2010

Getting close to firing Windows and going with a Mac

Those of you out there who have made the transition to a Mac.  Any regrets?

I've got an older Windows desktop, and a laptop that is just over 2 years old that is throwing a nutty and heading in for repair soon.  I bought the service plan and it expires in March.  The laptop did not turn out to give me the kind of space and memory I need for what I do.  Hence, the reason I'm looking at buying another computer.

I'm very close to getting an iMAC 21.5 inch, with 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB of Disk Space. I like that everything is built into the monitor.  It will make it easy for me to move around the house, like from my kitchen table to a desk upstairs. 

I use Adobe Lightroom and my License allows it to go on two computers.  I have read that others have transitioned their catalogs to a Mac (I'm going to let the Apple Store copy what is on my laptop over to the new Mac).  That's a $300 program so I'm glad I'll be able to use it.

I know I can get Parallels to use Windows, but I'm thinking of trying to use it first without that. 

Any thoughts, experiences from those who have gone through this? 

How about cautions - LOL

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!