Saturday, May 16, 2009

Te Deum is Tweeting on Twitter

You have probably heard of Twitter, and I know some of you are wondering what it is, or even rolling your eyes and thinking.....not another social networking tool!!! I tried avoiding it and can't any longer as it is a primary way to get news tips and to pass them along.


Twitter is a microblogging tool. It has limited characters that you can post (or tweet). So, there are many abbreviations in use, such as RT or ReTweet.


Even when I'm not blogging, I am usually scanning headlines at key Catholic sites and at the blogs of other Catholic bloggers. It is very difficult for me to post every piece of news that I see out there. Therefore, what I can do is to "Tweet" when I see something of interest, provided I have access at the moment. If you want to know what is going on, then follow me on Twitter and you will see more than I can give you here.


You can click on the icon in the upper right hand sidebar to see my "Tweets". You should not need a Twitter account to read up, but I think you will find it useful to follow many people on Twitter and for that, you will need a free account.


As an aside, I post initially at Plurk - another social networking tool which is not as popular as Twitter, but useful in that when I post there, it beams it over to Twitter and to Facebook. You can follow me in any of those places. Consider Twitter as primary. I don't have time for Facebook, as nice as it is. And, Plurk - a pretty cool site, is not as popular. Twitter is fast and easy for me and will likely remain long term.



Te Deum Laudamus! Home


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!