Friday, April 3, 2009

Catching up on many things....

I regret so little posting the last two days, on so many fascinating news stories. Truth be told, I can offer some good posts for thoughtful reading, but I am not as reliable a source of fast-paced news as some other Catholic bloggers. The beauty of so many Catholic bloggers is the varied focus that each has. It's like a meadow with flowers. It would be dull if a field were populated all with a single kind of flower in a particular color. That's why it's good to look around at many Catholic blogs.

On April 1st, I had no choice but to do some over due maintenance on my primary computer. I had forgotten to install one critical update and did not want to take any chances with the Confiker Worm rearing it's head.

Yesterday, I had no choice but to handle taxes with the deadline coming up quickly.

Today, I ended up with an unexpected vacation day because the computer softare I use at my company was undergoing a massive upgrade. Usually this is done over weekends, but this one was so great they had to tap into Friday. I could have gone in, but I think it would have been a very long day trying to stay busy without the system.

That's ok. I'm using the time to catch up on a few things, but not before making a couple of posts.

UDPATE on MOM and FIRST FRIDAY VISIT
My mom is having a rough go, with yet another severe attack of gout, and a very low blood count. If she could take the uric acid lowering medicine, this would not be a problem, but since she suffers from recurring GI bleeds, it's a big deal if a med upsets her stomach. Please keep her in your prayers. I'm just taking one day at a time. Thankfully, when Assumption Grotto called to see if she wanted a priest to stop by today for First Friday, she agreed. This is a wonderful part of being parishioners at Assumption Grotto is that the priests do make house calls. Think about it..... if well-intended EMHC's were the only ones visiting the sick and the elderly with Holy Communion, what about sacramental confession? Keep in mind, we are primarily a commuter parish, so a priest making rounds on the First Friday of every month means he is gone all day and hitting all ends of the metro Detroit area.

KEEPING UP: NEWS OF INTERESTING TO CATHOLICS
With all that is happening, and with my inability to cover it all, I highly recommend that you just click on some of these sites below and scan the headlines or posts. With a full time job, an elderly mother with needs, and a house to maintain. I simply cannot cover it all, but will continue to offer something most days. If you really want to know what is going on out there in Catholicism, go through some of the sites I check daily. I look at more than these, but I would say this list makes up my primary stops.

Catholic News Portals:

Pro-Life News Portals:

Fast-paced Catholic Blogs and Blogpost Portals


Te Deum Laudamus! Home


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!