Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fr. Val's Funeral - this Wednesday

Fr. Val (left) concelebrates a Novus Ordo Mass with Bishop Athanasius Schneider, ORC (center) and Fr. Matthew Hincks, ORC (right) in July 2008.




Visitation at SS Cyril and Methodius Church

Monday March 9, and Tuesday, March 10 from 1:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.

  • Rosary at 7 PM both evenings

Visitation will also be on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 starting at 10:00 AM Until Funeral Mass at 12:00 Noon

YOU REPORT ON THE FUNERAL

I will be making a post following the funeral - later that evening. I will open the combox for people to share their own experience at the funeral Mass, and if there are any photos of the crowds or other things, please email me at TeDeumBlog@gmail.com (please do not take pictures during Mass without permission from Fr. Ben. Most especially flash should not be used lest it draw attention away from God who should always be at the center of Mass. I myself do not take pictures in any parish without permission from the pastor).

I think it would be a good testimonial to show just how vast the crowd is. I understand that a nearby non-Catholic parish has offered it's parking lot to handle what is expected to be at least 1100 people for the funeral. Get pictures of people walking to Sts Cyril & Methodius, crowds in the Church, crowds at the luncheon (broadshots), the large number of priests expected, things like Fr. Val's beautiful Holy Trinity stole, etc.

I myself cannot make it and there are many people out of state with an interest in reading what you have to say about the funeral and see in pictures.


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!