Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Video of Francis Cardinal George of Chicago at opening of Bishops General Assembly

The other day, I provided an excerpt from the address given in this YouTube video of Cardinal George speaking to fellow bishops at the opening of the General Assembly in Baltimore. Reading it is one thing, but watching and listening is quite another. About 5 minutes in, he draws a hearty round of applause from the bishops. Watch it and you will understand just how perfectly he formed his argument for life.



Plenary Session Address by Cardinal George (text)

I have more coming, but have been dealing with computer problems all evening. I still have not been able to find video of the afternoon discussion on abortion that the bishops had. I have found reports of them, but I would like to see the video. If someone finds one on YouTube or the USCCB website, please let me know.

Here is a link to another Q&A session with reporters which took place around 6:00pm

Te Deum Laudamus! Home


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!