Saturday, July 28, 2007

Recent Posts, Blogger & News Roundup for July 28th


I need to get some work done, including some studies in preparation for a series I hope to begin on this blog about the Blessed Mother, starting with the Queenship of Mary, and the Mother of God. I had intended to do an indepth look at the Assumption and came to the conclusion that it must start first with the subjects I've named above. That led to my desire to do a series which will last indefinitely on a range of Marian topics. Being born in 1962 and growing up in the anti-Marian 70's, I have much to learn about Our Lady and I hope others will share in my learnings through the reading of those posts.

When I am not working or maintaining my home, I will be doing much reading. Some of my reading is shown at the bottom of this post and many of these titles can be picked up in the Grotto Giftshop & Cafe. Posting will be sparse, perhaps every few days. This post offers you much reading for days through other bloggers and newslinks.

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ASSUMPTION GROTTO

Sunday, July 30th, 2007


Monday, August 13th, 2007

    - Fatima Devotion
    • Mass at 7:00pm

    • Rosary & Procession to Outdoor Grotto with banners (weather permitting)

    • Talk by Fr. Val Rykowski & Refreshments (school gym)

Wednesday, August 15th, 2007


MOTU PROPRIO - SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM BLOGPOST ROUNDUP:



OTHER ISSUES IN CATHOLIC BLOGDOM & RESOURCES

  • Fr. Joseph Fessio, SJ to defend Latin Mass & statement on non-Catholic Christians

  • Don't Reform the Reform, Says a Folk Musician (NLM)
  • American Papist: Registering for World Youth Day in Australia

  • Praying for a cause Supporters of Fr. Solanus Casey to gather for novena (Michigan Catholic)


  • CULTURE OF LIFE NEWS

    Noteworthy

    Visit the blogs in my sidebar for more Catholic opinion, including the blogs of two deacons (hint: look for "Rev. Mr." in their titles) recently added to my Blogging Priests, Religious & Deacons section.

    QUOTEWORTHY

    "When we go to Mass we primarily go for what we give, not for what we get.... We give praise, we adore Him.... If you get caught up in that self-centered view of the Eucharist you will loose interest..... It's about Him; it's not about us."
    -Marcus Grodi at the EWTN Family Celebration





    Te Deum Laudamus! Home