Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Got Latin?

Just wanted to draw attention to the new section in my sidebar featuring links to good Latin resources. The first two added tonite are among my favorites.

The first one, Thesaurus Precum Latinarum is one of the most extensive collections of Catholic Prayers in Latin. I have not been able to determine if this site is authentic Catholic, or from a schismatic sect. If someone knows one way or the other for certain, please contact me at my email (see profile) or leave a comment.

The second link, is from the Latin Mass Society in England-Wales. They offer a free online Latin course - Simiplicissimus and I have found it the most simple to learn as any I've reviewed thus far. It is ecclesiastical Latin, and uses words commonly found in the Liturgy to teach.